Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error
I just wanted to reach out to go through the logistics of each day at the pool to cover some FAQs I’ve been getting from you guys.
The pool is a slightly weaker version of a real wave meaning that EPS boards and lighter, zippy constructions tend to go really well. Bring your ‘small-ish wave performance board’ (something you’d ride in fun 2-3 foot beachies) and know that if your board isn’t feeling right, URBN have a few boards to hire.
– A surf skateboard (I recommend SmoothStar) should you feel like a warmup in their new skateboard area. Normally we can use several boards from the surf academy.
– A good wetsuit as Melbourne can be unpredictable – nothing crazy but a 2/2 or 3/2 will suffice this time of year. A surf bucket hat is always stylish – legionnaires style for the win.
– Some great zinc as we’ll be in the water for over 4 hours throughout the day, i recommend SunButter (you can save 15% by using my discount code BROCCOLI on their website).
– A foam roller or stretching device if you find you need some warm up/ unwinding in between sessions.
– Snacks and a water bottle, though keep in mind I’ll have some snacks available, water fountains are present. The onsite Three Blue Ducks restaurant is a great place for lunch, dinner, nibbles, drinks etc. They also have a window takeaway cafe, at the far end, for those 6am coffees.
Since many of you booked your tickets months ago, I have updated the webpage with the new schedules of each day: https://kalebrock.com.au/product/wave-pool.
Please ensure you check your new booked date, as some start times may have changed.
Arrive via the main entrance at 309 Melrose Drive, Tullamarine, there is plenty of free parking available on site. Google Maps link: https://g.page/URBNSURF?share
Enter the venue one hour before your first wave session.
At the entrance:
Check in at the reception desk.
If you don’t already have a wristband (from a previous visit) the staff will give you one.
The wristband gives you entry/exit through the turnstile, and should be swiped at the lifeguard hut before entering the water each time.
Ask the front desk staff where to meet ‘Kale Brock’s Surf Group’, as this may vary on different days.
Here is the link for the waiver to complete for Brock Creative Media (Kale Brock): https://waiver.fr/p-zpkEC
In the ‘have you read & understood’ field, type: Yes
Signing this waiver now also lets us know you have received this email.
Note: an email will be sent to you from URBNSURF (at a later date) to fill in their waiver, so please keep an eye on your inbox/junk folder for that coming in early February.
(If you miss the email, you can sign the waiver upon arrival using the iPads at the front desk)
See you in Feb!